Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Video Games

Hello again :) 

To explain my frustration of Girl Gamers being called fakes and not "real gamers" I thought I might give my two cents on the subject..

To start, FUCK YOU! To those that think girls cant be as good at games as a boy. I have played everything from the classic Nintendo Mario/Atari/Link to the New Walking Dead/Beyond:Two Souls games etc. I truly don't understand what's so hard to believe that girl gamers exist and kick ass at the games! 

Now don't get me wrong there are a lot of girls that only say they are gamers and have only played Pokemon. But that doesn't give guys the right to just throw away any credit to real girl players! I know of several girls that have been bullied online if guys found out they were a girl. How ridiculous, I mean it didn't matter before why all of a sudden does it mean she is weak at playing.

Not only that but there are a lot of "guys" that play one type of game style! "Shooting" Halo and Call of Duty are hardly diverse and can be finished within a day or so. How is that a Game!?!? Don't get me wrong I have played this games and enjoy them from time to time. But I would hardly call myself a gamer if I only played that. 

A true gamer should well rounded in all games! From shooting, puzzles, RPG, or just going through a story line. Hell you don't even have to be the best player in my book! You just have to enjoy playing games. 

Well I digress. Sorry for putting my life story on here guys :p but really if we could all just get along and play without gender discrimination that would be grand :)

Seeing as you are still here I'll reward you for reading my rant and give you a list of some good games :) 

Bio Shock Infinity
-Amazing Graphics, Story line A+, just keep up this the ending its confusing for most the first time through.

Pokemon X or Y 
- Graphics came out of no where, the same old story line, mega evolution remind me of digimon though

Professor Layton 
-So if you love puzzles you will love this game! Over 200 puzzles to do! With a decent story line mystery 

Beyond: Two Souls
-those graphics though ;)
 wont spoil the amazingness

Walking Dead
-storyline made me tear up a bit :') fast pace, quick decision making


No comments:

Post a Comment